San Diego, CA – USA
The ideal candidate is a creative team player able to bring a utility distribution project from concept to construction-ready phase by collaborating with the developer, project manager, consultants, city officials, and utility companies. Shows a willingness to receive guidance from fellow team members, design reviewers, and managers. Willingness to work extra hours as needed.
- Prepares detailed technical designs of varying complexity for modifications to existing utility gas and electric facilities from onset through completion of the project.
- Prepares construction orders with safe, reliable, and cost-effective designs that conform with utility standards, safety orders, and governmental regulations.
- Perform field visits & attend team meetings. Work cross-functionally with other teams. Multi-task while designing components of various projects.
- Related design, field, or relevant work experience – Gas / electric preferred; water/sewer also accepted.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Entry-level positions are also available.
*The hourly range is $30.00 – $60.00 per hour commensurate with experience.
*This is a hybrid/remote position
*Office Location: San Diego, CA – USA
We are an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Somos un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Los solitantes son considerados para puestos sin importar su condición de veterano, estado de miembro del servicio uniformado, raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, edad, discapacidad física o mental, información genética o cualquier otra categoría protegida por las leyes federales, estatales o locales aplicables.
Please email your completed application and resume’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal Manager: Hybrid – San Diego, CA – USA
Engineering Partners Incorporated (EPI) is looking for a Senior Proposal Coordinator with the determination and drive to grow in their career alongside our firm. 8+ years of direct proposal management/coordination experience on proposals where the firm submitted as the “Prime”. Experience in engineering/design and/or planning is required. Experience in Energy / Utility projects is preferred.
This individual will be expected to have the required proposal management/coordination experience to manage RFPs/RFQs from start to finish (as the “Prime” proposer), support a variety of BD assignments ranging from strategy development; proposal management and coordination; sub-consultant management and coordination; qualifications document creation including content development for brochures, the corporate website, and other digital media; technical writing and review; and database management for proposals, pursuits, and client management efforts under the direction of the President / CEO and our firm’s leaders.
This individual must work collaboratively with our teams to make our proposals and marketing collateral professional, technically sound, and of the highest quality. Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, quickly, and effectively will be expected. Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to develop creative solutions for growth challenges and be a team player.
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the executive leadership of a fast-paced, agile firm with aggressive growth goals that has business development expertise and is willing to mentor the right individual.
- Manage the proposal process from the cradle to the grave – pre-positioning through interview; including but not limited to:
- Provide detailed review and analysis of RFP/Q documents to develop a detailed schedule and assignments.
- Support leadership to develop the strategy, value proposition, and recommendations for relevant projects and key personnel to be included in the proposal/SOQ
- Possess the ability to manage small to large proposal efforts.
- Perform research and writing for both technical and non-technical proposal sections.
- Write, edit, and proofread all sections of the proposal submission.
- Manage the schedule and each member of the team – including leadership.
- Ensure all proposal requirements established within the RFP by the client are met.
- Collaborate with technical staff and subject matter experts to develop and edit their proposal technical narratives (this may at times include interviewing and writing on their behalf)
- Create branded and graphically appealing proposals.
- Work with the legal team for contract reviews and to complete/sign forms.
- Accountable for quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) of all work and maintaining compliance and high quality for final proposal documents before they are submitted to the clients.
- AA/BA/BS, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism, or work experience in proposal coordination for architectural/engineering/ construction (A/E/C) and utility industries,
- 8+ years of related (as described above) proposal management/coordination experience.
- Excellent verbal communication/presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently upon hire and handle several assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to manage executive-level staff
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in organizational and time management skills, and ability to multi-task high priorities.
- Strong focus on details and clear, concise writing
*The annual salary range is $85,000 – $150,000 commensurate with experience.
*This is a hybrid position
*Office Location: San Diego, CA – USA